SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
6 large cloves of garlic, skin on
800g cherry vine tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp of chili flakes
300gms of dried Linguine
2 x 145g cans tuna in springwater, drained and flaked
2 tbsp of capers, rinsed and drained
½ tsp sugar
Small bunch basil, leaves roughly torn
4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
1. Prick the garlic cloves with a fork then toss in a bowl with the tomatoes and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper and sprinkle over the chili flakes.
2. Next remove the grill plates from the airfryer and divide the tomatoes and garlic between the two baskets.
3. Select ‘Match Cook’ and set basket 1 to 170C for 20 minutes and touch the start key to activate.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack then drain into a sieve. Keep the pan.
5. When the tomatoes and garlic are roasted carefully transfer them along with any juices into a bowl using a silicone spoon. Squeeze the garlic out of the skins using a knife, discard the skin and return the garlic to the bowl with the tomatoes.
6. Blitz the tomatoes using a hand blender and stir in the flaked tuna and capers along with seasoning, sugar and ⅔ of the basil leaves.
7. Put the sauce into the pan along with the pasta and gently heat for a couple of minutes until piping hot. Transfer the pasta to warm serving bowls and sprinkle over the grated parmesan and garnish with the remaining basil leaves.
If you don’t have a stick blender then mash the tomatoes and garlic with a potato masher.