SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
2 x 250g blocks of halloumi
1 medium egg, beaten
60g dried white breadcrumbs
1 tbsp vegetable oil
vegetable oil in spray bottle
Salt and black pepper
Sweet potato wedges
500g sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp mayonnaise
4 burger buns, halved and lightly toasted
1 little gem lettuce, shredded
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
4 portions of mixed salad
1. Slice each halloumi block lengthways into two thick burgers. Then place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into three shallow bowls. Season the flour, then add 1 tbsp oil to the breadcrumbs and mix well with your hands, rubbing the oil into the crumbs.
2. Dust the halloumi in the flour, dip into the egg, then coat with the breadcrumbs. Spray the halloumi burger on all sides with oil. Remove the grill plates then preheat the airfryer baskets for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
3. Meanwhile, toss the sweet potatoes in 2 tbsp oil, season with salt and black pepper. When ready to cook, place the halloumi burgers into basket 1 and set the air fryer temperature to 180C for 18 minutes and put the sweet potato fries in basket 2 at 200C for 15 minutes.
4. Select the ‘Smart Finish’ key then touch the start key to activate the airfryer. Halfway through cooking carefully turn the halloumi burgers and give the sweet potato wedges a shake. The burger crumb should be crisp and golden and the wedges crisp and slightly charred.
5. To assemble the burgers, spread mayonnaise on the bun base, top with shredded lettuce, followed by the halloumi burgers, a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce, and the bun lid. Serve the burgers with the sweet potato wedges and a mixed salad alongside.
For variety, you can flavour the breadcrumbs by adding your favourite spices, such as Cajun or tandoori spice powder.