SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
8 low fat pork sausages
Vegetable oil in a spray bottle
2 medium red onions, halved, peeled and sliced
25g butter, melted
3 sprigs thyme, leaves
2 tsps sugar
2 tbsps plain flour
400ml chicken stock, hot
1 tbsp Henderson’s relish
1. Preheat the airfryer baskets with the grill plate inserted into basket 1 for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
2. Meanwhile, prick the sausages with a fork and spray lightly with oil. Put the onions in a bowl with butter, thyme, and sugar and toss well to coat the onions in the butter.
3. Arrange the sausages in the air fryer basket 1 on the grill plate and set the temperature to 190C for 15 minutes. Place the onions in basket 2 and set the temperature to 180C for 15 minutes then activate the ‘Smart Finish’ key then touch the start key to activate the airfryer; Turn the sausages halfway through and give the onions a shake.
4. When the sausages and onions are cooked keep the sausages warm in the basket whilst you prepare the gravy.
5. Transfer the onions to a small pan and sprinkle over the flour and mix well so that the onions are coated, then stir over a low heat for a minute to cook out the flour. Next, stir in the stock and Henderson’s relish, making sure that there are no lumps. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, until the gravy thickens.
6. Serve two sausages per person, with a portion of mash and carrots and drizzle over the onion gravy.
For variety try serving the sausages and mash in giant Yorkshire puddings.