SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
10 MINS (plus an hour to marinate)
1 medium red onion, peeled, halved and sliced
1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 green pepper, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tbsp fajitas seasoning
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 x 400g can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
40g chipotle paste
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
4 tortilla wraps,warmed
1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
80g cheddar cheese, grated
150ml Soured cream
1. Place the onion, peppers, fajitas seasoning and 2 tsps oil in a bowl and toss well to combine.
2. Next, pop the beans into a bowl and lightly mash with a fork. Add the chipotle paste, garlic, olive oil and water. Season with salt and black pepper and stir well.
3. Remove the grill plates from both baskets then preheat the airfryer baskets for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
4. Transfer the fajitas vegetables to basket 1, set the temperature to 190C for 20 minutes; next add the beans to basket 2 set the temperature to 160C for 12 minutes. Select the ‘Smart Finish’ key then touch the start key to activate the airfryer. Give both baskets a stir halfway through cooking.
5. When the fajitas filling and beans are ready, remove from the airfryer baskets using a silicone spoon.
6. To serve, divide the refried bean mixture between the wraps, top with the fajitas filling, a sprinkling of coriander and some grated cheese. Serve with a dollop of soured cream.
For a spicy version of this recipe add some hot jalapenos.