SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
4 medium sized chicken breasts
50g fresh green pesto
2 tsp olive oil
olive oil in a spray bottle
Roast vine tomatoes
275g cherry tomatoes, on the vine, cut into little bunches
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
Small bunch fresh basil, leaves roughly torn
Salt and black pepper
crisp green salad
1. Place the chicken breasts on a board and spread the pesto evenly over the top. Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan in a small bowl with the olive oil, then cover each chicken breast with a sprinkling of breadcrumbs pressing down lightly onto the pesto topping. Spray each chicken breast lightly with olive oil.
2. Pop the tomatoes in a bowl and toss with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and half of the torn basil. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. When ready to cook, remove the grill plate from basket 2 then preheat the airfryer baskets for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
4. Pop the chicken carefully onto the grill plate in basket 1 and set the temperature to 180C for 30 minutes. Put the tomatoes into basket 2 and set the temperature to 160C for 20 minutes then activate the ‘Smart Finish’ key and touch the start key to activate the airfryer; Carefully remove the chicken and tomatoes from the oven using a silicone spatula.
5. Serve the chicken on warm plates with the roasted tomatoes and salad then sprinkle over the remaining basil leaves.
This recipe also works well with red pesto.