SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
450g skinless chunky cod fillets
30g plain flour
2 medium eggs, beaten
100g dried breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
Vegetable oil in a spray bottle
80g gherkins, chopped
5g small bunch dill, chopped
5g tbsp chopped Parsley
½ lemon, juice only
100g good quality mayonnaise
4 Brioche hot dog rolls, cut down the centre
50g kos lettuce, shredded
1. Cut the fish into 12 even sized fingers then place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into three shallow bowls. Season the flour, then add 1 tbsp oil to the breadcrumbs and mix well with your hands, rubbing the oil into the crumbs.
2. To prepare the fish fingers, dust the fish in the flour, dip into the egg, then press into the breadcrumbs. The fish fingers should be fully coated in the crumb.
3. When ready to cook, remove the grill plates and preheat the airfryer baskets for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
4. Spray the fish fingers fully with oil then place evenly in both baskets. Select the ‘Match Cook’ key then set basket 1 to 180C, for 15 minutes, then touch the start key to activate the airfryer. For even browning carefully turn the fish fingers halfway through cooking using a silicone spatula.
5. Meanwhile, to make the tartar sauce, place the capers, gherkins, dill and parsley into a small food processor and blitz for a few seconds until chopped (alternatively finely chop the ingredients on a board with a knife). Transfer the chopped ingredients to a mixing bowl with the lemon juice and mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper then stir to combine.
6. To assemble the sandwiches, butter the brioche rolls and divide the lettuce between the rolls then top with 3 fish fingers per portion and a dollop of tartar sauce.
The sandwiches are delicious served with a side portion of chunky chips or sweet potato wedges.