SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
15 MINS (plus 1 hour to marinate)
Peri Peri Chicken
4 large chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp hot peri peri sauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
500g starchy potatoes, such as Maris piper, washed
4 sweetcorn cobbettes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
50g harissa paste
Salt and black pepper
1. Place the chicken thighs into a freezer bag and sprinkle over the garlic powder, smoked paprika and oregano. Give the thighs a shake to combine. Add the peri peri sauce and oil and shake again. Pop them into the fridge to marinate for at least an hour. (If you have time leave over night)
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Slice the potatoes into wedges, no need to peel. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes to the pan and cook for 8 minutes, adding the sweetcorn when there is 3 minutes left. Drain and rinse under cold water and dry on kitchen paper. Separate the potatoes and sweetcorn into 2 bowls.
3. Drizzle 1 tbsp oil and the harissa over the wedges and toss to evenly coat in the seasoning, then season with salt and pepper. Toss the sweetcorn in the remaining oil with some black pepper. Set aside until ready to cook.
4. When ready to cook remove the grill plate from basket 2 then preheat the airfryer baskets for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
5. Arrange the thighs on the grill plate in basket 1 and set the temperature to 180C for 25 minutes. Place the chips in basket 2, set the temperature to 200C for 20 minutes then activate the ‘Smart Finish’ key then touch the start key to activate the airfryer; Shake the wedges halfway through for even browning then carefully remove the chicken and wedges onto two separate plates using silicone tongs. Cover with foil to keep warm.
6. Carefully wipe out basket 2 then put the sweetcorn in, set the temperature to 200C for 5 minutes, to char and heat the sweetcorn.
7. Serve the peri peri chicken with the wedges and sweetcorn on the side.
Try serving with a bowl of sour cream and a crisp green salad.