SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
500g turkey mince
25g dried breadcrumbs
1 tbsp ground cumin
Salt and black pepper
Spray vegetable oil
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 medium green pepper, halved, cored and thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp harissa paste
400g finely chopped tomatoes
100ml hot chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
200ml hot chicken stock
4 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. To prepare the meatballs, place the turkey mince, breadcrumbs and cumin in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add a tbsp of water and bring the ingredients together gently with your hands, then shape into 20 equal sized balls. Spray the balls fully with oil.
2. Arrange the turkey meatballs onto two air flow racks and place the racks on the top and middle shelves of the air fryer. Set the air fryer temperature to 185C and cook for 20 minutes, rotating the racks halfway through. The meatballs will be golden and firm.
3. Meanwhile heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan, add the onion and pepper and cook over a moderate heat for 5-6 minutes, until the peppers are slightly charred. Add the garlic, tomato puree and harissa paste and cook for a minute, then pour over the tomatoes and stock. Season to taste, bring to the boil then turn the heat down, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
4. Place the couscous in a mixing bowl and pour over the hot chicken stock, cover the bowl with cling film or a plate and leave to one side.
5. When the turkey balls are cooked, pop them into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous up with a fork, then serve in warm bowls topped with the meatballs and sauce, a spoonful of yogurt and a sprinkling of coriander.
The sauce has a bit of a kick, but if you like spicy food then add some fresh or dried chilli powder to the meatballs for extra heat.