SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
600g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 1cm slices
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp hot chilli powder
½ tbsp oil
Salt and black pepper
800g starchy potatoes, such as Maris Piper
2 tbsp vegetable oil
50g mature cheddar
100g natural yogurt
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 medium red onion, halved peeled and thinly sliced
4tbsps Sriracha mayonnaise
120g iceberg lettuce, shredded
8 small folded flatbreads
1. 1. Place the lamb onto a plate, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, then sprinkle on the spices, drizzle over the oil and rub the spices into the meat. Set aside for the flavours to develop whilst you prepare the chips.
2. For the chips, peel the potatoes, then cut each potato into 1cm wide slices, then into 1cm thick chips. Place the chips into a pan and cover with cold water, then bring to the boil and simmer for 6-7 minutes. Drain in a colander, then rinse under the tap to cool completely and pat dry on kitchen paper.
3. Place the chips into basket 1 without the grill plate, drizzle over the oil, then season with salt then set the temperature to 200C for 20 minutes. Put lamb in basket 2 with the grill plate set the temperature to 180C for 15 minutes then activate the ‘Smart Finish’ key then touch the start key to activate the airfryer; Shake both baskets halfway through.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the garlic sauce, mix the yogurt , mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl and season to taste.
5. To assemble, place the chips in a warm serving dish and toss with the grated cheese, top with the lamb and red onion. Drizzle over the garlic sauce and sriracha mayonnaise
6. Serve as a sharing dish with the flatbreads and shredded lettuce to accompany.
This recipe also works well with boneless chicken thigh instead of lamb.