SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
500g lean minced lamb
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp harissa
2 tbsp water
salt and black pepper
vegetable oil spray
150ml natural yogurt
small bunch fresh mint, leaves chopped
4 flatbreads, warmed
150g shredded iceberg lettuce
½ cucumber, halved and sliced
1 small onion, halved, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Place all of the koftas ingredients into a bowl and gently mix together then divide into 12 equal sized pieces. Shape the pieces into 12 small sausage shapes then flatten slightly to make koftas.
2. When ready to cook, preheat the airfryer baskets with the grill plates inserted for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
3. Divide the koftas between each basket, select ‘Match Cook’ and set basket 1 to 180C for 12 minutes and touch the start key to activate.
4. Meanwhile to prepare the yogurt dressing; zest the lime then cut into quarters. Mix the yogurt, lime zest and ¾ of the mint in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
5. Serve the lamb koftas with warm flatbreads, lettuce, cucumber, onion and a generous drizzle of lime yogurt then sprinkle over the remaining chopped mint.
The koftas also work well with minced beef or pork.