SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
4 medium sized firm bananas
1 small lemon
25g muscovado sugar
4 ready-made sweet pancakes
125g ready-made caramel sauce
50g dark chocolate
4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1. Peel the bananas and cut into 1 cm slices then toss in a bowl with the lemon juice. Sprinkle over the sugar and gently mix ensuring that the bananas are evenly coated. Lay the bananas in a single layer on two small baking trays lined with parchment paper.
2. Insert the trays on the top and middle shelves and set the air fryer temperature to 190C and roast for 10 minutes or until the bananas are soft and golden. Rotate the trays halfway through and place the pancakes onto an air flow rack in a stack on the bottom shelf to warm.
3. Place the caramel into a small pan or microwavable bowl and heat gently until warm and runny. Next melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of water or in a microwave.
4. Carefully remove the bananas from the baking tray using a spatula and transfer to a mixing bowl with ½ of the caramel sauce and stir gently to combine.
5. To assemble divide the caramel bananas between the pancakes, top with a scoop of ice cream then fold over and drizzle with melted chocolate and the remaining caramel sauce.
For an even more decadent dessert add chopped pecan nuts or sprinkle over some peanut brittle.