SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
25g plain flour
225g mature cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp English mustard powder
10g chives, finely chopped
4 thick slices sourdough bread
1. Melt the butter gently in a small saucepan, then sprinkle over the flour and cook over a low heat for a couple of minutes to cook out the flour.
2. Stir in the Guinness and cook gently until the sauce thickens. Add the grated cheese and mustard to the pan and stir until the cheese melts. Take the pan off the heat, season and add ¾ of the chives.
3. Insert the 10 in 1 wire rack into the air fryer with the grill plate, flat side up, on top of the wire rack . Set the temperature to 200C and preheat the grill plate for 3 minutes.
4. Place 2 slices of bread on the grill plate and toast the bread on one side for about 4-5 minutes until golden, repeating with the remaining slices; ensuring that all four slices are lightly toasted.
5. Spread the filling evenly over the untoasted side of the bread and cook on the grill plate for 4 minutes, until browned and bubbling. Repeat with the remaining slices. Sprinkle over the remaining chives and serve hot.
You can switch the Guiness with milk, if you prefer.