SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
5 MINS (plus 30 minutes to marinade)
4 mackerel fillets 90g each, skin on
90g green Thai paste
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp light soy sauce
200g basmati rice
400ml vegetable stock
150g sugar snaps, cut into thirds
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 lime, zest grated then cut into wedges
1 small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl then put the fish, skin side down, on a shallow tray. Pour the marinade over the fish, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavours to develop.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the rice then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the sugar snaps and red pepper to the rice and quickly place the lid back on the pan. Take the pan off the heat and allow the contents to cook in their own steam for a further 10 minutes.
3. When the rice has about 10 minutes left to cook, insert the 10 in 1 wire rack into the air fryer with the grill plate, flat side up, on top of the wire rack . Set the temperature to 180C and preheat the grill plate for 3 minutes.
4. Place the fish onto the grill plate, flesh side down, cook for 7 minutes, then carefully turn the fish and brush the flesh with any reserved marinade. Cook for further 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked to your liking.
5. Carefully remove the rack and grill plate out of the airfryer and put onto a heat proof surface to cool. Wear oven gloves to remove the wire rack and grill plate from the airfryer as they will be very hot.
6. Season the rice, stir through lime zest and serve on plates, with a piece of mackerel on top, then garnish with chopped coriander.
For variety you can also use red Thai paste.