SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
100g kale, washed
3 tbsps semi-skimmed milk
250g 20% fat lamb mince
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
400g can lentils, drained
300ml hot beef stock, made with 1 stock cube
2 tbsps cornflour, mixed with 3 tbsps water
3 tbsps tomato puree
40g half fat cheddar, grated
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Wash the potatoes and cut into 2cm dice, no need to peel. Cook the potatoes for 12 minutes, then add the kale and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
2. Drain the potatoes and kale in a colander, then return them to the pan with the milk and roughly mash, then season to taste.
3. Meanwhile, place the lamb mince in a 24cm square roasting tin and break up with a spoon, stir in the chopped onion, then place the tin on the middle shelf of the air fryer. Set the temperature to 180C and cook for 10 minutes until the meat is browned, stirring halfway through.
4. When the meat is browned, stir in the mixed herbs, lentils, stock, cornflour and tomato puree, then return to the middle shelf and cook at 190C for 18 minutes, until the meat is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
5. Top the mince with the potato and kale mash and rough up the surface with a fork, then add a sprinkling of grated cheese. Return the Shepherd’s pie to the middle shelf of the air fryer and continue to cook for 20 minutes at 180C, until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden.
Try serving with carrots, or seasonal vegetables of your choice.