SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
2 rib eye steaks (approximately 225g Each)
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
3g fresh parsley, chopped
salt and black pepper
400g baby new potatoes
1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
1. Remove the packaging from the steaks and put them on a plate, season with salt and black pepper and rub the oil onto both sides.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil with a pinch of salt. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the edges have softened when you poke them with a knife.
3. Drain the potatoes in a colander and return them to the pan, crush each potato with the back of a wooden spoon, sprinkle over the rosemary and oil, then season and give the pan a quick shake to combine.
4. When ready to cook, remove the grill plate from basket 2 then preheat the airfryer baskets for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
5. Pop the steaks carefully onto the grill plate in basket 1 and set the temperature to 180C for 12 minutes. Put the potatoes into basket 2 and set the temperature to 200C for 15 minutes then activate the ‘Smart Finish’ key and touch the start key to activate the airfryer. Shake the potatoes halfway through cooking.
6. Whilst the steaks cook, mix the butter, garlic and parsley in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
7. When the steaks are ready, transfer them from the basket to a warm plate using silicone tongs and divide the butter between them. Cover lightly with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Keep the potatoes warm in the air fryer until ready to serve.
8. Serve the steaks topped with the butter and crushed potatoes and seasonal vegetables alongside.
If you like your steak more well done, cook for 5 minutes longer.