SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
400g low fat sausages
1 tsp Italian herbs
20g Panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp water
2 tsp vegetable oil
200g ready to use tomato and chilli sauce
4 sub or hotdog rolls, sliced down the centre
60g mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Make a slit in the sausages with a sharp knife and remove and discard the skin. Pop the sausage meat into a bowl and mix with herbs, breadcrumbs and water. Shape into 20 equal sized balls.
2. Preheat the airfryer baskets with the grill plates inserted for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
3. Toss the balls in a bowl with the oil and place 10 balls into each air fryer basket then select ‘Match Cook’ and set basket 1 to 180C for 12 minutes and touch the start key to activate. When cooked transfer the meatballs to a plate with silicone tongs
4. Meanwhile, pour the tomato and chilli sauce into a saucepan and heat gently. Stir the cooked meatballs into the sauce and fill each hotdog roll evenly with the mixture, then sprinkle over the cheese.
5. Carefully wipe out baskets then place the subs in the air fryer baskets, select ‘Match Cook’ and set basket 1 to 200C for 3 minutes and touch the start key to activate. The cheese will melt and the buns will heat through.
The sub rolls can be served as a lunch idea, or add some fries and salad for a more substantial meal.