SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
600g red potatoes, peeled and diced into 3cm chunks
1 small leeks, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
240g bag sliced spring greens
25g plain flour
200ml hot chicken stock
300ml crème fraîche
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
180g ham hock
40g grated parmesan
1. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, pop the potatoes into the pan and cook for 10 minutes,until just tender. Drain in a colander and set to one side.
2. Put the butter in a small roasting tin (approximately 23cm square), place on the middle shelf of the air fryer and set the temperature to 180C for 2-3 minutes, until the butter has melted.
3. Next add the leeks, cook for 5 more minutes, then add the garlic and spring greens and give a stir to coat everything in the butter. Continue to cook 2-3 mins until the cabbage has wilted down.
4. Stir in the flour to the leeks and cabbage, cook out the flour for 2 minutes, then pour in the stock, creme fraiche and the mustard. Stir until everything is mixed together.
5. Gently fold in the ham hock with half of the potatoes, season to taste with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Transfer the filling into an oven proof dish (approximately 23cm x 5cm deep) and distribute the rest of the potatoes on top of the creamy filling. Sprinkle the parmesan all over the top, then put on the middle shelf of the airfryer and cook for a further 10-15 minutes at 180C, until the topping is golden and the filling is bubbling.
This recipe is also a good way to use up any leftover ham that you may have; especially at Christmas time.