SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
2 x 255g rump steaks
1 tbsp oil
1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
4 individual baguettes or crusty rolls
4 tbsps horseradish sauce
1. Remove the packaging from the steaks and put them on a plate, season with salt and black pepper and rub ½ tbsp oil onto both sides.
2. Insert the 10 in 1 wire rack into the air fryer with the grill plate, flat side up, on top of the rack . Set the temperature to 180C and preheat the grill plate for 3 minutes. Toss the onions in a bowl with the remaining oil, then carefully place on the grill plate and cook for 10 minutes, until the onions have softened. Remove from the airfryer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Next, place steaks on the hot grill plate and cook for 15 minutes for medium rare, turning the steaks halfway through. When the steak is ready, take the rack and grill plate out of the airfryer and put onto a heat proof surface to cool. Wear oven gloves to remove the wire rack and grill plate from the airfryer as they will be very hot. Allow the steak to rest for a few minutes before cutting into slices.
4. Place the baguettes on two airflow racks and set the air fryer temperature to 180C for 3 minutes, to warm them.
5. To assemble, spread the horseradish on the base of each baguette, top with the rocket,followed by the steak and onions. Serve hot.
If you like your steak more well done, cook for 5 minutes longer.