SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
2 large chicken breasts
2 tbsps Cajun spice
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsps olive oil
½ lime, juice and zest
2 fresh sweetcorn
Olive oil spray
1 large ripe avocado
2 vine tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
½ lime, juice and zest
75g feta cheese
1 large lime, cut into wedges
150ml soured cream
Salt and ground black pepper
1. Place each chicken breast on a chopping board and, with one hand on top, cut through the breast with a sharp knife; starting at the thickest part of the chicken, but don’t cut all of the way through. Open the chicken breast out and it should resemble a butterfly shape.
2. Mix the Cajun spice, garlic powder, olive oil and the juice and zest of half a lime in a bowl, then add the butterflied chicken and rub the spice mixture into both sides of the chicken. Set aside for the flavours to develop until ready to cook.
3. Insert the 10 in 1 wire rack into the air fryer with the grill plate, ridge side up, on top of the rack. Set the temperature to 190C and preheat the grill plate for 3 minutes.
4. Spray the sweetcorn lightly with olive oil, then place on the grill plate and chargrill for 12-15 minutes, turning the sweetcorn once during cooking, then remove to a board to cool.
5. Next, place the butterfly chicken on the grill plate and cook for 15 minutes, turning halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Whilst the chicken cooks, prepare the salsa; hold the sweetcorn upright and, using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the corn and place in a bowl.
7. Cut the avocado in half through the centre, remove the stone, then carefully scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Dice the avocado into 1 cm pieces, then add to the bowl with the sweetcorn along with the tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño pepper, ¾ of the coriander, lime juice and zest. Season with salt and black pepper, mix well then transfer to a serving bowl. Finally, crumble over the feta before serving and the remaining ¼ of coriander
8. When the chicken is ready, take the rack and grill plate out of the airfryer and put onto a heat proof surface to cool. Wear oven gloves to remove the wire rack and grill plate from the airfryer, as they will be very hot. Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before cutting into slices.
9. Place the flat breads on two airflow racks and set the air fryer temperature to 180C for 3 minutes to warm them.
10. Serve the chicken garnished with lime wedges along with the salsa, soured cream and warm flatbreads.
This recipe also works really well with other spices, such as peri peri or smoked paprika.