SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Vegetable oil spray
3 medium eggs, at room temperature
¼ tsp cream of tartar
50g soft cream cheese
1 tsp sugar
1. Line two air flow racks with parchment paper and spray lightly with oil.
2. Separate the egg whites and yolks into two bowls, then whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar together with an electric whisk, until the whites form stiff peaks.
3. Whisk the egg yolks, cream cheese and sugar together in a separate bowl using an electric whisk, until the mixture is very smooth and cream cheese is blended in. Gently fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, ensuring that you do not knock the air out of the egg whites.
4. Preheat the air fryer to 170C for 2 minutes, meanwhile carefully scoop the mixture into 6 mounds; three on each rack.
5. Bake in the preheated air fryer on the top and bottom shelves for about 20 minutes, until the cloud bread rolls are golden, swapping the shelves halfway through.
6. Turn the bread rolls over and cook for 10 more minutes to get the bases cooked through.
7. Eat the bread rolls on the day that they are made otherwise they lose their fluffiness.
For a flavoured bread, you can add some dried herbs, such as oregano or thyme.