SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
125g unsalted butter, softened
100g granulated sugar
100g brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
150g chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Using a tablespoon, scoop out portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
For extra chewy cookies, refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes before baking