SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
4 large chicken legs
1 tbsp oil
2 large echalion shallots, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
200g button chestnut mushrooms, halved
40g tomato puree
180ml red wine
500ml hot chicken stock
2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 3 tbsp water
4 sprigs fresh thyme
salt and black pepper
300g longrain rice, cooked as directed
400g steamed tenderstem broccoli
1. Remove the grill plates then preheat the airfryer baskets for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
2. Meanwhile, season the chicken legs with salt and black pepper and rub the oil evenly over the skin. Place two chicken legs in each basket along with equal amounts of shallot, garlic and mushrooms. Select ‘Match Cook’ and set basket 1 to 200C for 10 minutes and touch the start key to activate.
3. Meanwhile in a small saucepan mix together the tomato puree, red wine, hot chicken stock and cornflour mixture. heat gently until the sauce thickens.
4. After 10 minutes pour the sauce evenly into both baskets and pop a couple of sprigs of thyme on top of each basket.
5. Select ‘Match Cook’ and set basket 1 to 180C for 30 minutes and touch the start key to activate. Give the chasseur a stir halfway through to ensure that the sauce thickens evenly.
6. Season the chicken chasseur then serve in warm bowls with rice and tenderstem broccoli.
Chicken thighs can also be used and serve two thighs per portion.