SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
15 MINS (+1 hr to marinate)
For the Chicken:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Cooking oil (for air frying)
For the Waffles:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
Cooking spray (for waffle maker)
1. Marinate the Chicken - Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and pour the buttermilk over them. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight if possible) to marinate
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt for the waffles.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, and eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Some lumps are okay.
4. Preheat your air fryer to 200°C (400°F).
5. In a shallow dish, mix the flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder for the chicken coating. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, allowing any excess to drip off. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, coating it evenly.
6. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil to prevent sticking. Place the coated chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and cook for about 15-18 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the chicken is cooked through and crispy. Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer, so check for doneness.
7. Preheat your waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Lightly grease the waffle maker with cooking spray. Pour the waffle batter into the preheated waffle maker and cook until golden and crispy. This typically takes about 3-5 minutes, but it may vary depending on your waffle maker.
8. Drizzle your favorite maple syrup over the chicken and waffle stack and serve immediately!
Customize the Chicken Seasoning: Feel free to adjust the seasoning for the chicken to suit your taste. You can add other spices like cayenne pepper, onion powder, or smoked paprika for extra flavor. Rest the Waffles: After cooking the waffles, allow them to rest on a wire rack for a minute or two before serving. This helps maintain their crispiness.