SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
500g frozen French fries
4 Bratwurst, prick with a fork
vegetable oil in a spray bottle
1 large red onion, peeled, halved and sliced
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely diced
1 small red pepper, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp smoked paprika
3 tbsp smoky BBQ sauce
2 x 400g cans baked beans
100ml hot vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
salt and black pepper
6 brioche hotdogs rolls, warmed
1. Remove the grill plates from the airfryer and put the fries in basket 1. Spray the bratwurst lightly with oil and put into basket 2.
2. Put the red onion into a bowl, sprinkle over the sugar and oil and toss well to coat the onions. Spread the onions over the bratwurst.
3. Set basket 1 to 200C for 18 minutes and basket 2 to 180C for 18 minutes then activate the ‘Smart Finish’ key then touch the start key to activate the airfryer; Give the fries a shake halfway through to ensure that they are crisp and golden and turn the bratwurst. Carefully remove the fries and bratwurst from the baskets using silicone tongs.
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the Boston beans, heat the oil in a saucepan then gently fry the onion and pepper pepper for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Next sprinkle over the smoked paprika and stir in the BBQ sauce, baked beans and vegetable stock. Simmer gently for 5 minutes until the beans are piping hot.
5. To assemble, cut the hotdog rolls down the centre and fill with a bratwurst, topped with crispy onions. Serve the boston beans and fries on the side.
If you prefer the beans slightly sweeter, then leave out the BBQ sauce and add in some maple syrup.