SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
450g beef rump steak
2 tsps olive oil
1 onion, sliced
250g chestnut mushrooms
1 clove garlic
Vegetable oil spray
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsps tomato puree
100g half fat creme fraiche
125ml hot beef stock, made with 1 stock cube
1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
400g fresh tagliatelle
Salt and black pepper
1. Slice beef into 1cm strips and place into a 23cm square roasting tin, along with the oil and onion. Place on the middle shelf of the air fryer and set the temperature to 180C for 10 minutes, until the meat is browned; stirring halfway through.
2. When the meat is browned, remove it from the tin to a bowl, along with the juices. Add the mushrooms to the roasting tin with the garlic, and spray with oil. Cook on the middle shelf at 180C for 5 minutes, until the onion has softened.
3. Return the steak and any meat juices back into the roasting tin, along with the paprika and tomato puree, return the tin to the middle shelf and cook for 1 minute, to cook out the spices.
4. Next, stir in the creme fraiche and hot stock, along with half of the fresh parsley. Return the stroganoff to the middle shelf of the air fryer and heat for about 10 minutes, until the sauce is piping hot. Season to taste.
5. Meanwhile, cook the fresh tagliatelle as directed on the pack instructions.
6. Serve the tagliatelle in warm bowls, topped with the stroganoff and sprinkle over the remaining parsley.
If you have any brandy, try adding a tablespoon when you add the mushrooms.