SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
8 chicken drumsticks
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tbsp tomato puree
4 tbsp BBQ sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
Sweet Potato Wedges
500g sweet potatoes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
150g carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
200g red cabbage, shredded
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
4 tbsp sour cream
1. Using a sharp knife slash the skin of each drumstick, making about three slits. Next pop the drumsticks into a large strong freezer bag with the garlic powder, smoked paprika, vegetable oil and some seasoning.
2. Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl then pour into the bag with the drumsticks. Give it all a good shake then place in the fridge, preferably overnight, for the flavours to develop.
3. When ready to cook, scrub the sweet potatoes (no need to peel) and cut each one into about 6 wedges. Toss in oil and season with salt and black pepper.
4. Remove the grill plate from basket 2 then preheat the airfryer baskets for three minutes by activating the automatic preheat key.
5. Carefully arrange the drumsticks in basket 1 and brush over any remaining marinade and set the temperature to 200C for 25 minutes. Pop the sweet potatoes into basket 2 and set the temperature to 180C for 25 minutes then activate the ‘Smart Finish’ key and touch the start key to activate the airfryer; Shake both baskets halfway through cooking for even browning then carefully remove the drumsticks and sweet potatoes from the airfryer using silicone tongs.
6. Meanwhile for the slaw, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard and season well with black pepper. Stir in the grated carrot, cabbage and red onion; ensuring that everything is well coated in the dressing. Transfer to a serving dish.
7. Serve the BBQ drumsticks on a platter with the wedges and slaw alongside.
For a speedy slaw, buy a ready prepared coleslaw mix and add your homemade dressing.