SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
450g pork belly, skin on
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 lemongrass stick, bruised
oil to spritz
1) Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
2) Score the pork belly skin with a sharp knife, making cuts about 1/4 inch apart.
3) Rub the salt and baking powder into the scored skin, making sure to get it into the cuts.
4) Place the pork belly into the air fryer basket, skin side up.
5) Add the bruised lemongrass stick to the air fryer basket.
6) Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
7) Remove the pork belly and lemongrass stick from the air fryer and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
8) Cut the pork belly into small pieces and serve immediately.
The lemongrass stick will infuse the pork belly with a delicious citrusy flavor. Enjoy your upgraded pork crackling cooked in the air fryer!
After step 7, remove the pork belly from the air fryer basket and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, using a sharp knife, carefully separate the skin from the meat. Place the skin back into the air fryer basket, skin side down, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the skin is extra crispy. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn.
This method allows the skin to crisp up even more without overcooking the meat. Enjoy your delicious and crispy air fryer lemongrass pork crackling!