SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
10 MINS (plsu 30 minutes to prove)
12 MINS (per pizza)
400g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
1 x 7g packet fast acting yeast
1 tsp fine salt
1 tsp caster sugar
2 tbsps olive oil
225ml warm water
300g grated mozzarella
200g tomato pizza sauce
½ jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
16 black olives
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1. Mix the flour and yeast in a bowl, then stir in the salt and sugar. Add the oil to a jug, then make up to 250ml with warm water.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour, then gradually add the water to make a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth, then transfer to an oiled bowl. If using an electric mixer with a dough hook, then mix for 3 minutes on a medium speed. Cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
3. When the dough is ready, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into four equal sized pieces. Shape into 4 x 25cm discs using a rolling pin, or shape with your hands, then place each piece of dough on a small sheet of baking parchment sprinkled with semolina.
4. Use half of the mozzarella to create a ring around the outside edge of the pizza base, leaving ½ cm gap between the edge. Brush a little water inside the mozzarella ring, then fold over the outside edge to enclose the mozzarella and create a stuffed crust. Press firmly to stick the dough in place.
5. Insert the 10 in 1 wire rack into the air fryer with the grill plate, flat side up, on top of the wire rack . Set the temperature to 200C and preheat the grill plate for 3 minutes.
6. Meanwhile top the pizzas with the tomato pizza topping, followed by ¾ of the cheese, then arrange the peppers, olives and onion on top. Finish with the remaining cheese and a grind of black pepper.
7. Carefully slide one pizza onto the grill plate and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the pizza base is cooked and the cheese is bubbling.
8. Remove the rack and grill plate from the airfryer and put onto a heat proof surface. Wear oven gloves to remove the wire rack and grill plate from the airfryer as they will be very hot. Take the cooked pizza off the grill plate using a large spatula and transfer the next pizza onto the hot grill plate. Continue until all of the pizzas are cooked.
This pizza recipe will work well with any toppings of your choice, such as ham and mushroom, or pepperoni.