SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 stick celery, finely diced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
175g chestnut mushrooms, washed and roughly chopped
½ tsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp tomato puree
400g can finely chopped tomatoes
2 x 400g cans of lentils, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
1.2kg sweet potato, peeled and diced into 2cm chunks
20g vegan spread
1. Put the carrot, onion and celery into a 23cm square roasting tin and drizzle over the oil. Put on the middle shelf, set the air fryer temperature to 180C and cook for 8 minutes, until the vegetables have softened. Stir halfway through.
2. Stir in the mushrooms and spices to the roasting tin and mix well. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato puree, canned tomatoes, stock, lentils and cornflour. Return to the air fryer and continue to cook for 18 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, boil the sweet potatoes for 15-18 minutes, then drain, add butter, and mash until smooth. Season to taste.
5. Spread the mashed sweet potato over the lentil mixture and cook for 15 minutes at 190C, until the sauce is bubbling and the potatoes are golden.
Try adding some roast cumin seeds to the mash, for variation.