SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
2 large chicken breasts
50g panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and black pepper
3 tbsps plain flour
2 eggs, beaten
Vegetable oil spray
200g iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
300g red pepper, finely diced
300g cucumber, finely diced
5 tomatoes, finely chopped
1. Put the chicken breast onto a chopping board and, with your hand flat on top of it, use a sharp knife to slice into one side of the breast; starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point. Open out the breast so that it resembles a butterfly. Cut into approximately 16 x 8cm long nuggets. Wash your hands and the chopping board.
2. Place the cornflakes into a shallow bowl and lightly crush with the end of a rolling pin. Add the breadcrumbs and drizzle over 1 tbsp of oil and mix well with your hands; rubbing the oil into the crumbs. Place the flour and egg into shallow bowls.
3. To prepare the popcorn chicken, season the flour, dust the chicken in the flour, dip into the egg, then press into the breadcrumbs. The chicken should be fully coated in the crumb.
4. Spray the chicken lightly with oil, then place half in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8-10 minutes at 190C, shaking the basket halfway through until the chicken is cooked and the coating is crisp and golden. Repeat with the remaining nuggets.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the shaker salad. Divide the lettuce between 4 deep bowls, then top with a layer of pepper, cucumber, sweetcorn and tomatoes.
6. Just before serving, add four popcorn chicken dippers to each pot.
A shop bought or homemade salad dressing can also be drizzled over the shaker pot.