SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
2 medium eggs
100g muscovado sugar
100ml sunflower oil
50g natural yogurt
175g SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsps ground mixed spice
200g carrot, finely grated
150g Light soft cheese
30g icing sugar, sieved
12 walnut halves
1. Line a 20cm x 5cm deep square cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the eggs, sugar and oil into a bowl, and whisk with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. You should be able to pull a spoon through the mixture and leave a trail. Stir in the yogurt.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice into the egg mixture, then gently fold. Finally, stir in the grated carrot and sultanas.
4. Set the air fryer temperature to 160C and preheat for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top out with a spatula.
5. Bake in the preheated air flow oven on the bottom shelf for 30-35 minutes, until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch. Use the light to check, rather than opening the air fryer door. Insert a skewer into the centre of the cake; it should come out clean if cooked.
6. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
7. To make the frosting, gently stir together the cream cheese and icing sugar. Spread the frosting over the cooled carrot cake, and arrange the walnuts in rows then cut into 12 squares.
The cake can be frozen, and the frosting added when ready to serve.