SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp oil
1 x 180g tub soft cheese with garlic and herbs
100ml hot vegetable stock
1 tbsp cornflour, mixed with a tbs cold water
1 x 340g pack fish pie mix (e.g. salmon, smoked haddock, cod)
12 raw king prawns
50ml double cream
5g handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 large sheets of filo pastry, approximately 100g
30g butter, melted
Salt and black pepper
400g tender stem broccoli
1. Place the onion into an approximately 22cm round ceramic pie dish and drizzle with oil, pop the dish on the middle shelf of the air fryer and the temperature to 180C for 5 minutes to soften the onions.
2. Meanwhile place the cream cheese into a bowl and add the vegetable stock and cornflour mixture, whisk well. Season with salt and pepper then stir in the fish and pour the sauce into the pie dish and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the fish pie from the air fryer and stir through the king prawns, ¾ of the parsley and the cream.
4. Cut the filo pastry sheets in half, brush with butter and scrunch on top of the pie, brush over any remaining butter and cook at 180C for 20 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden and the sauce is bubbling.
5. Meanwhile steam or boil the tender stem broccoli to your liking and when the pie is ready, serve with the broccoli alongside.
For a lighter version of this recipe try using crème fraiche instead of double cream