SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
300g beef sirloin or rump steak, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
150g broccoli florets
150g sugar snap peas
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. Heat your Smart Start frying pan over high heat and add the vegetable oil.
2. Quickly stir-fry the sliced beef for about 2-3 minutes or until it's browned. Remove it and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed and stir-fry the garlic and onion for a minute or two.
4. Add the bell peppers, broccoli, and sugar snap peas. Stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes or until they're tender but still crisp.
5. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cornstarch. Pour this mixture into the pan and add the cooked beef.
6. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the ingredients.
7. Serve hot and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Preheat your Smart Start frying pan properly and make sure it's really hot before adding the beef. A hot pan ensures that the beef sears quickly and locks in juices. Start with ingredients that take longer to cook, like bell peppers and broccoli, and finish with more delicate items like sugar snap peas. This helps keep everything crisp and colourful.