Tower Healthy Quick Dish: Rosemary Chicken Casserole
This week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered.
This week, we’re bringing you a rich and warming Italian style casserole that will be ready in just 35 minutes – it’s Rosemary Chicken Casserole.
Recommended Appliance: Tower Linear 28cm Saute Pan
Total Time to Table: 35 minutes
Total Cost Per Serving: £2.20p
Contains Nuts? No
Suitable for Vegetarians? No
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
400g can chopped tomatoes
x 1 sprig of rosemary(finely chopped)
x 1 tbsp olive oil
x 1 red onion, finely sliced
x 3 garlic clove, sliced
x 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
x 1 tbsp capers (drained)
- Heat half of the olive oil in your Tower Linear 28cm Saute Pan then add the chicken thighs. Cook until they are an even golden brown colour all over.
- Add half of the chopped rosemary and stir to coat the chicken. The Tower 6 Piece Cerasafe Utensil Set would be ideal for this. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the other half of the oil, then cook the onion on a medium heat until softened. Add the garlic, anchovies and the remaining rosemary and fry until fragrant.
- Pour in the tomatoes along with 75ml water and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken thighs back into the pan cover with the lid and cook for a further 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with a mixed salad and rustic bread.
Stay tuned to the Tower blog every Wednesday for more Tower Healthy Quick Dishes. If this recipe has had you reaching for your apron then be sure to take a look at our product pages before you do – we’ve a range of products at fantastic prices to help you create this dish and many more!