Posted in: Recipes
Tower Healthy Quick Dish: Mini Feta Triangle PiesThis week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered. This week, in honour of British Pie Week, we’re bringing you a healthy way to enjoy pastry with these delicious Mini Feta Triangle Pies. Recommended Appliance: Tower Low Fat Air Fryer Total Time to Table: 30 minutes Total Cost Per Serving: £0.60p Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes Makes: 6 Ingredients
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons flat-leafed parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Finely chop the parsley and the spring onion. You can do this by hand or for an even finer result, use the Tower 550ml Spice Grinder and Chopper.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolk then crumble in the feta and add the parsley and chopped spring onion. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Cut both sheets of filo pastry into three equal strips. Then, place teaspoon of the feta mixture onto the strip of the pastry. Fold the tip of the pastry over the filling to form a triangle, folding the strip in a zigzag until the filling is fully concealed in a triangle shape.
- Repeat the process until all of the filo and the feta mixture has been used.
- Preheat the Tower Low Fat Air Fryer to 200°C. Lightly brush each filo parcel with olive oil then place the parcels into the cooking basket. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Lower the temperature 180ºC and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you like this post?