Posted in: Recipes
Tower Healthy Quick Dish: Healthy Homemade PizzaThis week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered. This week we’re giving you a healthy twist on one of the nations favourite foods that will taste just as delicious eaten cold for lunch the next day- it’s Healthy Homemade Pizza. Recommended Appliance: Tower Hand Mixer and a large mixing bowl Total Time to Table: 37 minutes (plus 20 minutes rising) Total Cost Per Serving: £0.88p Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes Serves: 2
Ingredients100g strong white flour 100g strong wholewheat flour x1 tsp dried yeast 125ml warm water For the topping: 200g can chopped tomatoes (juice drained) 25g mozzarella (torn into pieces) x 8 green olives (roughly chopped) x1 garlic clove (crushed) x1 tbsp olive oil Handful cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Using a hand mixer such as the 300W Tower Hand Mixer, put the dough into a large mixing bowl and add the white flour, wholewheat flour and yeast. Mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add the warm water and combine until the mixture forms a soft dough. Knead for 1 minute.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out a circle 30cm across. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- To prepare the topping, finely chop the olives and garlic – you can do this manually or alternatively, use something like the Tower Coffee and Spice Grinder. Halve the cherry tomatoes and thinly slice the courgette.
- Spread the can of chopped tomatoes over the pizza base, then arrange the courgettes and tomatoes on top. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and scatter over the base before sprinkling over the garlic and olive mixture.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and leave to rise for around 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 240C/ fan 220C/gas 9.
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes or until the base is crisp and golden.
- Alternatively you could use the 4.3l Tower Air Fryer and Pizza Pan Accessory. Put the dough into the pizza pan accessory, turn the air fryer onto 190C and put the pizza in for about 10 - 12 minutes until the crust is a golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve with a mixed salad.