Posted in: Recipes
Tower Healthy Quick Dish: Grilled Vegetable and Feta TartThis week we've been hard at work, scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you with plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we've got you covered. This week, we’re bringing you a taste of the Mediterranean to brighten up these cold winter evenings that will be ready in under an hour- it’s Grilled Vegetable and Feta Tart. Recommended Appliance: Tower 1000W Professional Food Processor Total Time to Table: 50 minutes Total Cost Per Serving: £1.08p Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes Serves: 4
- x2 courgettes (sliced)
- x2 red onions (cut into wedges)
- x1 aubergine garlic cloves (crushed)
- x10-12 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- x3 sheets of filo pastry
- 85g feta cheese (crumbled)
- x2 tsp olive oil
- x1 tsp mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and place a baking tray on the middle shelf to heat up.
- Next prepare the vegetables. Attach the slicing disc to your Tower 1000W Professional Food Processor and slice the courgette, aubergine, red onions and tomatoes.
- Brush a griddle pan like the Tower 24cm Cast Iron Square Grill with a little olive oil and grill the aubergines until slightly charred and with brown grill lines. Remove, and then add the courgettes and the onions.
- Remove the preheated tray from the oven, brush with a little oil and place the first sheet of filo on top. Brush the first sheet with oil and place the second on top, repeat this process with the third, pushing the pastry into the corners of the tray.
- Arrange the vegetables onto the pastry and drizzle over any remaining oil. Crumble over the feta, sprinkle the mixed herbs and bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve with a mixed salad.
Did you like this post?