Tower Healthy Quick Dish: Curry in a Hurry
This week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered.
Recommended Appliance: CeraSure™ 28cm Colour Change Ceramic Coated Fry Pan
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp ready-prepared ginger, from a jar
- ½ - 1 tsp chillies, chopped from a jar
- 200g tomatoes, chopped from a can
- 200g raw prawns, peeled or skinless boneless chicken, chopped
- 2 tsp gujarati masala
- 3 tbsp low fat yoghurt
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Add some oil into a pan and heat. Alternatively, use one of our CeraSure™ 28cm Colour Change Ceramic Coated Fry Pan and eliminate the need for oil.
- Once heated, add the sliced onion and fry.
- Crush the garlic in a pan, adding the ginger and chilli.
- Add the tomatoes with a quarter of a can of water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, adding the prawns or chicken and gujarati masala.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes for the prawns, 5-6 minutes for the chicken.
- Turn the heat back down to simmer, then gradually stir in the yoghurt.