Posted in: Recipes
Tower Healthy Quick Dish: Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Pineapple SalsaThis week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered. This week we're bringing you an easy, low-calorie dish Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, a spicy, smoky chicken filling in soft tortillas. Recommended Appliance: Tower 16cm Sauce Pan Die Cast, 2in1 Food Processor and Blender Total Time to Cook: 20 minutes Total Cost per Serving: 1.42 Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? No Serves: 4
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tsp group cumin
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 200ml passata
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- ½ small pineapple (cored peeled and chopped)
- ½ small pack coriander (chopped)
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Hot sauce of your choice to serve
- Using the Tower 2 in 1 Food Processor and Blender, blitz the chicken things into a chunky mince or chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, similar to our Tower 16cm Sauce Pan Die Cast. Add half the chopped onion and the chicken mince.
- Season generously and cook for roughly five minutes on a high heat to brown, gently breaking up the meat with a spoon.
- Add the spices, vinegar, chipotle paste, passata and sugar into the saucepan. Cook for another five minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Finally, using a small mixing bowl, mix the remaining onion, pineapple and coriander.
To ServeServe the chicken and the pineapple salsa with warm tortillas and your choice of hot sauce. Stay tuned to the Tower blog every Wednesday for more Tower Healthy Quick Dishes. If this recipe has had you reaching for your apron then be sure to take a look at our product pages before you do – we’ve a range of products at fantastic prices to help you create this dish and many more!
Did you like this post?