Posted in: Recipes
Tower Healthy Quick Dish: Carrot & Sesame BurgersThis week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered. This week, we’re bringing you a barbecue staple suitable for vegetarians; Carrot and Sesame Burgers. Recommended Appliance: Tower 2-in-1 Food Processor and Blender, 28cm Colour Change Ceramic Coated Fry Pan Total Time to Cook: 20 mins Total Cost per Serving: £1.19 Contains Nuts: No Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes Serves: 6 Ingredients:
- 750g carrots, peeled and grated
- 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini paste, plus 1 tsp to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Zest 1 lemon, plus 1 tsp juice
- 150 ml pot natural yoghurt
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 buns, rocket leaves, sliced avocado and chilli sauce to serve
- Put a third of grated carrot into one of our 2-in-1 Food Processor and Blender with the chickpeas, chopped onion, 2 tbsp tahini paste, 1 tsp cumin and one egg. Blends the contents to make a thick paste and then put into a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan (our 28cm Colour Change Ceramic Coated Fry Pan would be ideal for this) , stir in the remaining carrot and cook for 8 - 10 minutes, stirring until the carrot is softened and golden.
- Add the cooked carrot to the blended paste and add breadcrumbs, lemon zest and 3 tbsp sesame seeds. Add the seasoning and mix well together using your hands.
- Divide the mix into 6 even shapes and mould into burgers using wet hands. Cover the burgers and chill until serving.
- Mix natural yoghurt with the remaining tahini paste and lemon juice, then chill.
- Light the barbecue or heat a non-stick frying pan and lightly brush the burgers with the remaining oil
- Cook for five minutes on each side until a golden shade.
- Warm or toast the buns to your preference and spread with some of the lemony sesame yoghurt.
- Add the avocado, top with the burger, onion and rocket leaves.