Sharing Steak and Chips Platter with Salsa Verde
Made in the 5 in 1 Tower Digital Air Fryer
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
450g potatoes, such as King Edward or Maris Piper, peeled and cut into wedges
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 vine tomatoes, cut in half
½ tsp dried thyme
1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
1 lemon, cut in half across the centre
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
vegetable oil spray
5g fresh parsley, roughly chopped
40g capers, drained
2 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed or grated
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 rump steaks
1tbp vegetable oil
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes then drain. Toss in vegetable oil and season well then place on an air flow rack on the top shelf of the air fryer.
- Arrange the tomatoes cut side up on another air flow rack then sprinkle over the dried thyme. Add the onions and lemon to the rack and spray with a little oil. Place the air flow rack on the middle shelf and set the air fryer temperature to 180C and roast for 18-20 minutes until the potatoes are crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile to prepare the salsa verde place all of the ingredients into a small food processor and whizz for a minute until finely chopped then season with salt and black pepper.
- Brush the steaks lightly on each side with oil and season with salt and black pepper. Place the steaks onto a small baking tray then transfer to the top shelf of the air fryer (move the other trays down to the middle and bottom shelves at this point) Cook the steaks for 5 minutes on each side at 180C then set aside on a plate to rest for a few minutes and reserve any juices. Slice the steaks into thick strips.
- To serve, arrange the steak on a warm serving platter and drizzle over the meat juices then add the chips, tomatoes, red onion and lemon. Serve with salsa verde.
Adjust the cooking time if you prefer your steaks well done