Posted in: Recipes
Retro Recipe Revival: Sausage and Bean CasseroleIt’s time for another one from the archives, this time from a recipe book that accompanied the Tower Pressure Cooker sold throughout the late-90s. This week’s Retro Recipe Revival sees us bring a hearty, warming dish to your dinner table with this family favourite – it’s Sausage and Bean Casserole.
Recommended applianceTower 4.5 Litre Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Total time to table: 50 minutes Total Cost Per Serving: £2.60p Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? No Serves: 4
- x 1 tsp olive oil
- x 8 pork sausages
- 400g tin baked beans
- 400g tin butter beans
- x 2 celery sticks (chopped)
- x 2 carrots (chopped)
- x 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 15g thyme
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Chop the carrots and celery. You can do this by hand or save some time by using the Tower Dual Bladed Mini Chopper.
- Add the oil to your pressure cooker, add the sausages and fry on a medium heat until browned all over.
- Remove the sausages then add the carrots and the celery and fry on a medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- Return the sausages to the pan, add the rest of the ingredients, then, close the lid and bring up to full pressure. Cook on a medium heat for around 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and reduce the pressure slowly using the natural release method.
- Ladle into serving bowls and pair with some warm crusty bread for dipping.