Posted in: Recipes
Retro Recipe Revival: Christmas Chicken Liver PâtéIt’s time for another one from the archives, this time from a recipe book that accompanied the Tower Pressure Cooker sold throughout the late-90s. This week’s Retro Recipe Revival see’s us bring you a quick and easy pâté, perfect as a starter for your Christmas table- it’s Christmas Chicken Liver Pâté.
Recommended applianceTower 4.5 Litre Pressure Cooker Total time to table: 15 minutes Total Cost Per Serving: £4.49p Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? No Serves: 6-8
- 350mg chicken livers
- x 1 medium onion (roughly chopped)
- x 1 bay leaf
- 60ml of red wine
- x 2 anchovies in oil
- x 1 tbsp. capers
- x 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly toasted bread
- Finely chop the onion, then add a splash of olive oil to your pressure cooker and on a medium heat, fry the onion until softened.
- Slice the chicken livers and add to the pressure cooker along with the bay leaf. Fry for around two minutes until the outside of the livers are seared.
- Add the red wine and stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Close and lock the pressure cooker lid and turn up to a high heat. Cook on high pressure for 3-5 minutes.
- Using the cold water, quick release method, release the pressure and remove the lid. Discard the bay leaf before adding the anchovies and capers. Then, remove the pressure cooker from the heat.
- Use a stick blender like the Tower 300W Stick Blender to blend the ingredients until smooth. Adjust the seasoning if required and fold in the butter.
- Transfer into a dish like the Tower 29.5cm Cast Iron Au Gratin and allow to set.
- Spread over lightly toasted bread to serve.