Oriental Salmon Skewers with Zingy Jasmine Rice
Made in the 5 in 1 Tower Digital Air Fryer
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
240g Jasmine rice
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 clove garlic, grated or crushed
2 tbsp sesame oil
15g sesame seeds
400g skinless salmon
300g Tender stem broccoli
8 short bamboo skewers, soaked
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the rice then cook for 15 minutes until tender, drain and return the rice to the pan then cover with a lid to keep warm. Zest the lime and cut into wedges.
- Pour the soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, garlic, 1 tbsp sesame oil and sesame seeds into a bowl, stir to combine.
- Slice the salmon fillets into 2cm wide pieces, pop into the marinade and mix well to coat. Divide the marinated salmon pieces between the skewers (one skewer per person). And place on an air flow rack lined with parchment paper. Pour any remaining marinade into a small pan.
- Cut the tender stem broccoli lengthways (if it is thick), place on an air flow rack lined with parchment and drizzle over the remaining sesame oil.
- Place the salmon on the top shelf and the broccoli on the middle shelf and set the temperature to 180C. Cook for 15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked and the broccoli is tender.
- When salmon is almost cooked,gently heat the remaining marinade and stir the lime zest through the rice. Serve the salmon and rice on warm plates with the broccoli on the side and drizzle over the remaining marinade.
For a spicier flavour add some chopped red chilli to the marinade.