Mother’s Day Recipe- Victoria Sponge
Our Tower Air Fryer is not just for cooking crispy golden chips – it can also be used for tasty desserts! Below we have a recipe for a traditional Victoria Sponge – the perfect sweet treat to share with your mum this Mother’s Day.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 80 grams caster sugar
- 110 grams self-raising flour
- 110 grams butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Put the baking powder, butter, caster sugar, flour and eggs into one big bowl and mix them together
- Brush the sides and bottom of the baking bowl with butter and line it with baking paper.
- Put the mixture into the bowl and bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, take the container out and use a knife to separate the cake edges from the container. Tilt the container upside down to get the cake out. Peel off the baking paper and let the cake cool down.
- Cut the cake in the middle to remove the top part. Add in the jam and cream, then put the top part of the cake back and sprinkle with caster sugar.