Posted in: Lifestyle
Mother’s Day Breakfast in Bed IdeasThere’s no better feeling than being surprised with a delicious breakfast in bed, and with Mother’s Day in the not too distant future, treating your hard working mum to relaxing lie in is the perfect way to show your appreciation. Bringing up a tray packed with those favourite breakfast treats is a sure fire way to get yourself into your mum’s good books but as we know, Mother’s Day is a day of sheer indulgence so unfortunately, a simple bowl of cereal and a hastily made brew won’t quite cut it! There’s no need to worry though as at Tower HQ we’ve been busy putting together a list of with three blissful breakfast ideas that are sure to show your mum just how special she is!
Egg Heart ToastShow your mum some love this Mother’s Day with this pretty take on egg and toast. It’s sure to impress and is easy to make too!
- x 1 slice of thick cut bread
- x 1 free range egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a heart shape out of the centre of your slice of bread. Alternatively, you could use a cookie cutter as a guide.
- Preheat a non-stick pan like the Tower 28cm Colour Change Ceramic Coated Fry Pan to a medium heat then add the bread and toast for 1-2 minutes or until lightly golden. Turn over and repeat on the opposite side.
- Carefully crack the egg into the heart shaped cut –out and fry until the egg is cooked through.
- Season to taste.
- Serve on a plate with your mum’s favourite condiment and a fresh cup of tea!
Strawberry RosesWhat mum doesn’t love a beautiful bouquet of flowers presented to her on Mother’s Day? This next idea is an edible take on the traditional Mother’s Day gift that will have your mum wowed.
- x 6 large strawberries
- Take a large strawberry and using a sharp knife, create the first layer of petals by making small cuts all the way around the towards the base.
- Move up to the centre of the strawberry and repeat the process to create the second layer.
- Remove the top of the strawberry.
- Insert a long kebab skewer through the base of the strawberry to form the stem.
- Carefully fan the petals out slightly to create the flower effect.
- Arrange the strawberry roses in a small vase and serve with a small bowl of natural yoghurt for dipping.
Bacon Heart BagelsBacon and cream cheese on a bagel is a classic Stateside breakfast combination, and we’ve given it a Mother’s Day twist with heart shaped bacon.
- x 4 slices smoked streaky bacon
- x 2 tbsp cream cheese
- x 1 bagel (sliced into halves)
- Preheat a grill like the Tower Panini Grill.
- Place the bacon strips onto the grill, folding them into heart shapes.
- Close the lid of the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the bacon is cooked, use tongs to place the bacon onto a sheet of kitchen paper and set aside.
- Spread the cream cheese onto the two halves of the bagel, then place the bacon hearts on top.
- Serve on a plate accompanied by a freshly brewed cup of coffee.
Did you like this post?