Posted in: Recipes
Magic Mother's Day Meals: Lemon Posset and Shortbread RecipeWith just two more days until Mother’s Day, the chances are that many of you will have prepared ahead and have a card and gift ready and waiting to be presented to your mum this Sunday. If you’re planning on getting a little more creative though, we have the answer! Our Magic Mother’s Day Meal series has been here to guide you through the steps to create a delicious 3 course meal we’re sure will dazzle your mum. We’ve already showed you how to make a delicious Pea and Mint Soup starter and a Fancy Fish and Chips main and today, in our final guide, we’re showing you how to make a delicious dessert in the form of a tangy Lemon Posset with Shortbread Biscuits. Total time to table: 35 mins Total Cost Per Serving: £0.79 Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes Serves: 6 Ingredients
For the posset
- 600ml double cream
- 200g golden caster sugar
- Zest of 3 lemons, plus 75ml juice
For the shortbread
- 125g/4oz butter
- 55g/2oz caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g/6oz plain flour
- Pour the cream into a large saucepan and add the caster sugar. Gently heat, stirring, until the sugar has melted.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 min.
- Turn off the heat and add in the lemon zest and juice stirring until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture between ramekins then leave to cool until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Carefully place the ramekins into the fridge, cover and leave to chill for at least 3 hrs until set.
- For the shortbread biscuits, heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Add the butter and sugar into a food processor like the Tower 1000W Professional Food Processor and pulse until the butter and sugar are combined.
- Add in the flour and pulse until you have a smooth paste.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and gently roll out until the dough is around 1cm thick.
- Cut into equal fingers and place onto a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and leave to chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve the posset in the ramekins, topped with a round of shortbread.