Posted in: Recipes
Magic Mother's Day Meals: Fancy Fish and Chips RecipeMother’s Day is only a few more days away, and if you are yet to settle on a sentimental greetings card or you’re struggling with gift ideas for mother dearest then don’t worry because we’re here to lend a helping hand! Our Magic Mother’s Day Meal posts are here to guide you through the steps to create a delicious 3 course meal that is sure to dazzle your mum. If you caught our post on Monday, we shared our recipe for a tasty Pea and Ham Soup and today it’s time for the main course with a fresh take on a British seaside classic- it’s Fancy Fish and Chips. Total time to table: 30 minutes Total Cost Per Serving: £3.56 Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? No Serves: 2
IngredientsFor the fish
- 2 salmon fillets (skinless and boneless )
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- x2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- 30g parmesan (grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Maris Piper potatoes (peeled and chopped into chunky chips)
- Drizzle olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees then place the sliced potatoes into a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place them onto a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown, making sure to turn them after 10 minutes.
- Into a pressure cooker like the Tower 6L Digital Pressure Cooker, add 100ml water and insert the steamer basket. Add the fish filets, close the lid and cook on a low pressure for 4 minutes before slowly releasing the pressure.
- While the fish steams, add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, lemon zest and basil into a small bowl and combine.
- Carefully remove the fish and place onto a baking tray, sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture and place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Serve the fish next to a stack of the chips and add a small ramekin of spicy salsa.
Did you like this post?