Posted in: Healthy Quick Dish
Healthy Quick Dish: Loaded Apple NachosThis week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered. This weeks dish is a celebration of a favourite gooey breakfast treat, peanut butter! Great as a healthy dessert or even as a snack and suitable for both vegan and gluten free diets, we’re bringing you our Loaded Apple Nachos!
Recommended Appliances:Tower Health All in One Mandoline Slicer Total Time to Make: 10 minutes Contains Nuts? Yes Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes Serves: 2-4
- 2 Granny Smith apples (cored)
- 350g all natural peanut butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp of raisins
- 3 tbsp of dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp chopped almonds
- Core the apples and create slices using the Tower Health All in One Mandoline Slicer and arrange on a plate in layers.
- Spoon the peanut butter into a microwavable bowl and place in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter over the apple slices and sprinkle on the raisins and dark chocolate chips.