Posted in: Healthy Quick Dish
Healthy Quick Dish: Ham & Chicken LasagneThis week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered. This week we are bringing a new twist on everyone’s favourite Italian comfort food, it’s Ham & Chicken Lasagne. Recommended appliance: Tower 3 Piece Forged Saucepan Set Total Time to Table: 1 hour 10 minutes Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? No Serves: 6-8 Ingredients 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (around 700g) ½ medium onion (sliced) 2 bay leaves 200ml white wine 100g butter 100g plain flour 500ml semi-skimmed milk 140g sliced smoked ham (cut into strips) 200g young spinach leaves 225g dried wholegrain lasagne sheets (about 20 sheets) 200g ready-grated mozzarella 25g Parmesan (finely grated) Method
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Into a medium saucepan (the 20cm saucepan from the Tower 3 Piece Forged Saucepan Set would be perfect), add the chicken breasts, onion, bay leaves and wine. Add 200ml of water, cover with the lid and simmer for around 15 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through). Transfer the chicken onto a board and use a sieve to strain the liquid into a jug.
- In a large saucepan like the Tower 22cm Forged Saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat, stir in the flour with a wooden spoon and cook for around a minute. Add the milk, a little at a time, stirring well to maintain a smooth consistency. Once all of the milk has been added, add the reserved cooking liquid and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add seasoning to taste.
- Cut the chicken into small chunks and stir into the sauce, then add the chopped ham and the spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Add around a third of the mixture into a lasange dish and cover with a single layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat the process twice more, ending with a layer of lasagne sheets. Scatter the mozzarella and Parmesan on top and season well with black pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the top is a golden brown colour.